Treasure Of Love

If I could give you emeralds 

For each tear you’ve cried for me,

If I could give you sapphires

For each truth you’ve helped me see,

If I could give you diamonds

For each night you’ve spent nursing me

If I could give you rubies

For  the ‘perfect woman’ you’ve made me,

If I could give you pearls

For the heartache that you’ve known,

And if I could give you opals

For the wisdom that you’ve shown

Then you would have a treasure

That would mount above the skies!

But its shine could hardly be compared 

To the loving sparkle in your eyes.

But I don’t have any emeralds or opals 

Of which I’m sure you’re well aware.

So I’ll give you my treasure

More precious than riches:

My love, devotion and care.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Crazy Cat Lady

Sunflowers

Rewrite of Eden