The Burrow
The ceiling is a bit leaky,
The bucket is always half full.
There's a little hole in the wall
A mouse routinely comes through.
The bucket is always half full.
There's a little hole in the wall
A mouse routinely comes through.
The shower curtain is only
A sheer piece of cloth,
But this little shed
Is our merry abode.
We eat fritter pancakes for breakfast,
Before I leave for school.
She helps me with my homework,
And then we read storybooks.
She braids my hair each day,
She hugs me goodnight.
Then she plays my little guitar
And sings me a lullaby.
What more would I need?
I know I'm loved.
Yes, the ceiling is a bit leaky.
But my dresses are always ironed,
My sheets are always warm,
My belly is always full.
She does it all!
My sheets are always warm,
My belly is always full.
She does it all!
We sing along to Mamma Mia songs,
We call ourselves Gilmore Girls.
We read Little Women and Jane Austen,
And we watch Anne of Green Gables.
We sing, we laugh, we dance, we play,
I cry in her lap some days;
I cry in her lap some days;
The ceiling is a bit leaky.
The mean girls at school mock and tease
But she is my best friend,
I've got her to keep.
I've got her to keep.
She buys me birthday presents,
She bakes me a strawberry cake.
And right before I blow out the candles—
I don't wish for a ceiling that didn't leak,
I've never seen the bucket overflow.
I don't pay attention to the kids who are mean.
The little mouse is called Roquefort.
Superb
ReplyDeleteSuperb
ReplyDelete❤️❤️🧿✨️
ReplyDelete